Friday, February 4, 2011

Deb's Posts for Jan 2 & 4 - Apache Junction

Jan 2
I got to ride a horse for my birthday. Yipee! It was super fun. the horse that I rode was called the Cat - short for Cat Be Nimble. I also learned how to make her walk, trot & gallop, and make her walk on a bridge & in a tire. I think I was better at stopping than anything else. After, I went with mom & Rachel to get a cake. It was a black forest cake and it was good. we had a barbecue and watched True Grit (without Mom - she was asleep).





Jan 4
Did another horse ride today without the other girls, only Miss Rosemary. We rode around the town. i got to saddle and pick the Cat’s hooves. I had a fun time and was sad we had to say good-bye. I promised to write to her. Now we are back in Estrella Park.

Brushing up after today's ride
note from Mom - Miss Rosemary operates the Tecolote School of Horsemanship in Apache Junction. She's also a great teacher of life skills, not just horseback riding, with the right combination of grit & sweetness to train up her students. I highly recommend her!

No comments: